There are two approaches you’ll learn about when transitioning to a new accounts receivables management platform.
The first is driven by the platform owner, or vendor.
The customer has to fit to their mold. It’s vendor driven. It requires little thought and less work. It’s a simple, hackneyed process, no matter where it’s being implemented.
The second approach is driven by the end user, the customer. It takes a discerning look at what the customer needs. It takes into consideration existing resources, circumstances and realities, goals and strategies.
There’s no mold. It’s customer driven. It requires more thinking and effort. It generates more profit.
Guess which approach CR Software takes?
We use approach number two, 24/7/365, and wouldn’t have it any other way. I can tell you this: we’ve been improving this process for 28 years.
We know what works.
Here’s a rough outline of the CR Software approach:
1. Elicit specific, explicit information from the existing platform and customer.
2. Identify, scrutinize and forecast the life cycle of the customer accounts.
3. Translate analysis into profit.
4. Define the configuration items and workflow processes.
5. Organize the requirements gathering for data mappings, interface details and data elements.
6. Train the end users and other appropriate personnel.
7. Perform several mock Go-Live exercises.
8. Deliver to the new platform owner a clear picture, platform, and roadmap to optimizing the business processes required in order to generate more profit.
Anyone who tells you this can be done any other way is setting you up for mediocrity. It’s that simple.